The Credit Union’s Bill Pay service is available to you under guidelines described in this agreement. You authorize the Credit Union to debit your designated Checking Account(s) for any transactions processed through the use of our Bill Pay service, including all charges as shown in the Schedule of Fees and Charges associated with Bill Pay service. Requirements and your responsibilities for use of this service are described below.
To use Bill Pay, you must have a computer, modem, internet service, browser, your account number and a PIN or Access Code.
Payee records are created by you and should include all the necessary data to make your payment, such as payee name, address, phone number and account number.
You may add and edit payees within the Bill Pay service. The Credit Union may update these records without any further notification to correct errors or update account information as provided by the payee in order to process your payment. Editing payees is limited to your personal information such as: the payee nickname, account number, phone, name on account and payment category. The Credit Union is not responsible if you provide invalid, incomplete or incorrect payee information which results in a Bill Payment that cannot be processed and/or is misrouted.
The payee details will indicate the number of days required for processing. Payments made by check require a minimum of 4 business days for processing and electronic payments require a minimum of 2 business days for processing.
Scheduling a Payment
Payments can be scheduled to any payee from your checking account on any date shown on the bill pay system calendar as an available “deliver by” date. The “deliver by” date is the date the merchant will receive payment and the date the payment will be withdrawn from your account. These dates are limited to Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays.
In order to ensure payments are received by the “deliver by” date, payments are processed (but not charged to your account) 2 business day before the “deliver by” date after 1pm (PST) for electronic payments and payments made by check are processed 5 business days before the “deliver by” date after 1pm (PST).
The maximum payment amount is $9,999.99 per transaction.
Bill Payment Withdrawals
Scheduled payments will be withdrawn from your account as early as 4am (PST) but no later than 9am (PST) on the “deliver by” date you have specified. It is your responsibility to have sufficient funds for the payment to be processed. In the event that you do not have sufficient funds then you may be assessed an overdraft, Courtesy Pay or NSF fee as a result of these transactions as disclosed in our Schedule of Fees and Charges. The Credit Union may overdraft from your other share accounts (as applicable) according to the instructions you have given the Credit Union (if any) if there are not sufficient funds in the designated Checking Account.
- Add/Edit Payees: Payees refers to the entity to which you pay bills. The payee can be a company, organization, or individual. The Add/Edit Payee feature allows you to add payees to, delete payees from or edit payee information on your personal list of payees.
- Make nonrecurring payments from your checking: This feature allows you to schedule one-time payments to payees and enable you to specify the amount of the payment and the processing date.
- Make recurring payments from your checking account: This feature allows you to schedule recurring payments to payees.
- View History: View History permits you to see payments made over a specified time period.
Limitations on Transactions
The Credit Union will not be held liable under any circumstances for payments made to any of the following:
- Tax payments (IRS, Franchise Tax Board, Tax Assessor)
- DMV payments
- Court ordered payments
- Security trade purchases
- Child Support payments
- Payments outside of the United States
Methods & Restrictions
Payments are made to your payee either electronically via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) or by check or laser draft. The method of payment depends upon the processing method that can be accommodated by the payee or by our bill payment service provider.
It is important that you take into consideration what method of bill payment will be used when scheduling bill payments to ensure payment deadlines are met. If the payee accepts electronic bill payment, the payment may take up to two business days to be delivered. If the payee does not accept electronic bill payment, the payment will be sent in a check form, and may take up to four business days to be delivered. Expedited payment delivery options may be available for an additional charge. The bill pay system will display the expedited delivery date based on the payee payment method, either electronic or check. Refer to the Schedule of Fees & Charges for cost of an expedited electronic and expedited check payment.
This service may be revoked at any time by the Credit Union and any payments scheduled may be cancelled at any time without further notification in the event of misuse, fraud, and/or abuse. The Credit Union may restrict your account from scheduling further payments if you have scheduled a payment and have insufficient funds in your account to cover the Bill Pay payment or in the event you have a delinquent loan or if your account fails to comply with guidelines specified in this disclosure.
Editing or Cancelling a Pending Payment
You may edit or cancel any one time or recurring pending payment via Bill Pay prior to the payment processing date. You may not edit or cancel a payment after the payment has been processed by our Bill Pay service provider.
You may request a stop payment on a Bill Pay check if the check has not been negotiated. A Stop Payment fee will be charged to your account as stated in the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
To place a stop payment call us at 800.866.6474 or write to us at PO Box 8017, El Monte, CA 91734 Attention: Electronic Services department. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within fourteen (14) days after you call.
An automated notification will be sent to the primary email address on file whenever any of the following take place:
- A new payee is added or edited
- A payment was made
- An automatic payment is scheduled or cancelled
- Your Bill Pay funding account is blocked
You are responsible for:
- data input of payee information (payment amount(s), name, address and any other pertinent information); you must allow sufficient time for bill payments to be processed so that the funds can be delivered to the merchant on or before the due date;
- any late payment, late fees, interest payments, and service fees charged by merchant(s) as a result of incorrect information or failing to schedule before the due date;
- any overdraft, NSF or stop payment fees charged by the Credit Union as a result of these transactions;
- maintaining a current, valid email address and review of email notifications
- reporting any inaccurate or suspicious activity to us by calling us during business hours at , Electronic Services department
Refer to the Credit Union’s Fees & Charges to see current fees.