Members, the Community, our Team... Working Together
At SCE FCU, our mandate of "People Helping People" comes through in our focus: our members, our community, and our team at the Credit Union.
This combination is the center of our attention and fuels everything we do, the lens by which we view each potential opportunity, the filter for our decision making.
Report of the Chair & CEO
Transition, change and excitement seemed to be the theme for 2016 - an eventful year, laying the groundwork for future growth. Here are some of the ways we celebrated success:
- Put in place a multi-year leadership transition plan developed by our Board of Directors, in anticipation of the retirement of the Credit Union’s longtime CEO, that culminated in the selection of our new CEO – Dan Rader, former SCE FCU Chief Financial Officer. In January 2016, Dan became President; in July, he became President and CEO
- Developed new positions to allow for continued stability, growth and success: Chief Marketing Officer, Director of Branches, and Director of Internal Audit
- Entered into a relationship with Citibank, allowing our members to use Citibank ATMs at no charge. This further expands our network of more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs available across the country to our members
- Formed a partnership with Enterprise Car Sales to offer our members a variety of quality, affordable used cars
- Debuted a robust online banking platform to deliver a rich desktop and mobile banking experience for our members
- Launched a new website with clean, modern navigation and intuitive options, while keeping features our members have come to appreciate
- Participated in events benefiting our local communities, including turkey giveaways to more than 700 needy families in Boyle Heights, birthday celebrations for students from low-income families in Southern Nevada, school supplies for back to school nights through our local YMCAs, and Christmas toy giveaways in Southern California and Southern Nevada – to name just a few
- Supported SCE FCU team members as they volunteered their personal time for local community organizations
Our team members help us to support our member/owners, together we support our local communities, and our local communities support us. We are proud to be a part of this combination where we all benefit by working together. Truly, it is this dynamic that creates and sustains our success.
It takes each of us to make a difference for all of us.
~ Jackie Mutcheson
Members, the Community, our team... Making a Difference!